To set up the Allowance feature:
- Navigate to the child profile you want to set an allowance for (you can set different allowances for different child devices).
- Tap the Allowance tab, which looks like a sand timer.
- Tap each day individually and set your preferred daily limits.
- Tap 'Done'.
Using this feature:
Screen Time Allowance is a Premium feature letting you set a daily screen time limit for your children to manage independently, during permitted times. For example, parents are able to set a three-hour daily limit for weekdays, and a four-hour limit for the weekend, in addition to a bedtime schedule.
Outside of the bedtime schedule, your child's device will remain in a blocked state, but your child can 'play' and 'pause' their allowance time in OurPact Jr. to unlock their device independently throughout the day (until that time runs out). Once Allowance time expires, the device will default into a blocked state.
After setting Allowance for your child on your OurPact parent app, your child will need to press the “play” button within their OurPact Jr. app for the time to begin to countdown. It’s important that your child remembers to press the “pause” button when they aren’t using their Allowance time otherwise the time will continue to countdown and eventually expire. To learn more about Screen Time Allowance, please refer to our illustrated guide to allowance.
- Unused Allowance time does NOT roll over into the next day.
- During schedule or manual block times, the play option will not be available as Allowance cannot be used during scheduled or manual block times.