App Rules is a Premium/Premium+ feature allowing parents to manage app access individually, according to three rules:
- Always Blocked: Apps set to 'Always Blocked' are not available at any time on your child's device, even when the device is in an unblocked state. You can temporarily change this App Rule to allow access to specific apps on-demand.
- Popular for App Store, unapproved apps
- Always Allowed: Apps set to 'Always Allowed' are always available on your child's device, even during block periods.
- Popular for Health management apps, educational apps, family communication apps
- Blocked by Schedule: Apps set to 'Blocked by Schedule' are only available when your child's device is in an un-blocked state (i.e., Allowance is in 'play' mode, a grant command is sent from your parent app...).
- Popular for Social media, games, and any app you don't want your child using in excess!
How to Set App Rules:
- Log in to your OurPact parent app
- Navigate to the child profile you want to set App Rules for
- Select the App Rules tab at the bottom of your child's profile
- A list of all apps installed on your child's device will appear. Run through this list, and set your preferred App Rule for each: Always Blocked, Always Allowed, Blocked by Schedule (example below)
TIP: Don't recognize an app in the list? Simply tap it, and we'll share more detail about what the app is, along with any risk category flags.
Still have questions? Please reach out to us email@example.com.