Screen Time Allowance is an OurPact Premium/Premium+ feature that allows parents to establish daily screen time limits for their individual children. For example, 1 hour of "screen time" during the week; 2 hours of "screen time" on Saturday and Sunday.
Allowance time is managed independently by children, through OurPact Jr., during permitted time periods throughout the day, temporarily allowing access to apps set as "Blocked by Schedule."
How to Set Up Screen Time Allowance:
- Login to your OurPact parent app
- Navigate to the child profile you want to set Screen Time Allowances for
- Select the Allowance tab (sand timer icon)
- Toggle Allowance ON
- Define allowances for each day of the week (eg. 1 hour/day Monday - Friday, 2 hours/day Saturday & Sunday)
- Tap Done
- Follow the same steps for each of your individual child profiles
Then, your child will manage their Allowance independently, through OurPact Jr.:
- Your child will launch OurPact Jr.
- Allowance time cannot be used during Blocks. If a Manual or Scheduled Block is active on your child's device, a message will confirm when that block is set to expire.
- Press the Play icon
- The device will unblock, and access to apps set as "Blocked By Schedule" in your child's OurPact App Rules list will be granted
- If the daily Allowance time depletes, your child's device will block automatically; otherwise, your child can re-launch OurPact Jr. and Pause their timer to save time for later in the day.
Note: You will see in your parent dashboard if Allowance is currently in play/pause mode, and how much time is remaining for the day.
Important Points About Allowance:
- When Allowance is ON, your child's device will be in a default BLOCK status.
- The device will only unblock if your child plays Allowance in OurPact Jr., or if you send a timed grant from your parent app.
- Children cannot use Allowance time during scheduled or manual blocks.
- Allowance does not auto-pause. Your child must pause the Allowance timer in OurPact Jr. if they want to save time for later, otherwise Allowance time will deplete!
- You cannot play your child's allowance timer in the parent app, but you can send a timed block command to pause their time and block their device during Allowance play times, remotely.
- To allow extra time outside of allowance, send a timed GRANT from your parent app. (Note: Use 'Until I Say So' grants carefully - they indefinitely override the allowance feature.)
- An internet connection is required on your child's device to manage Allowance time.
- Unused Allowance time does NOT roll over into the next day.
Please contact email@example.com for additional assistance.