App Rules is a Premium/Premium+ feature allowing parents to manage app access individually, according to three rules:
- Always Blocked: Apps set to 'Always Blocked' are not available at any time on your child's device, even when the device is in an un-blocked state. You can temporarily change this App Rule to allow access to specific apps, on-demand.
- Popular for: App Store, unapproved apps
- Always Allowed: Apps set to 'Always Allowed' are always available on your child's device, even during block periods.
- Popular for: Health management apps, educational apps, family communication apps
- Blocked by Schedule: Apps set to 'Blocked by Schedule' are only available when your child's device is in an un-blocked state (ie. Allowance is in 'play' mode, a grant command is sent from your parent app...).
- Popular for: Social media, games, any app you don't want your child using in excess!
How to Set App Rules:
- Login to your OurPact parent app
- Navigate to the child profile you want to set App Rules for
- Select the App Rules tab (four squares)
- A list of all apps installed on your child's device will appear. Run through this list, and set your preferred App Rule for each: Always Blocked, Always Allowed, Blocked by Schedule (example below)
TIP: Don't recognize an app in the list? Simply tap it, and we'll share more detail about what the app is, along with any risk category flags.