There are a few possible scenarios that can prevent the deletion of apps on child iOS devices...
1. The “Disable App Removal” feature is toggled ON in the Web Filter.
If you suspect this may be the case please follow the instructions below on your parent app:
- Open your parent dashboard
- Navigate to the Web Filter feature (small globe symbol)
- Scroll down to "iOS restrictions" and ensure "Disable App Removal" is toggled to the OFF position
- Delete the desired app/s
2. The App Organizer is enabled in your child's OurPact Jr. app.
Apps can't be deleted on a child device when the OurPact App Organizer is enabled in OurPact Jr. To delete apps from your child's device, please follow these simple steps:
- Open OurPact Jr. on your child's device.
- Select the Organizer icon from the upper right corner of your child's OurPact Jr. dashboard (two squares with arrows).
- Toggle the App Organizer OFF at the top right of the screen.
- Press the iOS home button to return to the device home screen.
- Delete the app(s) you want removed from the device.
- Open OurPact Jr. and navigate again to the Organizer screen.
- Toggle the Organizer back ON.
3. iOS Restrictions need to be temporarily disabled.
To navigate to your child's iOS device restrictions, please follow the appropriate steps below:
- iOS12+ software: Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Toggle OFF
- < iOS12 software: Settings > General > Restrictions > Toggle OFF
If you've already set restrictions, you'll be prompted to enter your 4-digit restrictions code, created the first time you set up restrictions; if you haven't set up restrictions, you will be asked to create a restrictions code (make sure you write this down somewhere in case you forget and choose a code your child won't be able to guess easily!).
Need more help? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.